NEDIC focuses on awareness and the prevention of eating disorders, food and weight preoccupation, and disordered eating by promoting critical thinking skills and a healthy, balanced-lifestyle.
Our varied and extensive outreach and education initiatives include:
• The development and dissemination of information and resources on eating disorders, body image, and food and weight preoccupation
• Delivering workshops/ presentations, Panel discussions, and Webinars tailored to different audiences (schools, community groups, health care and education professionals). Learn more about Body Pride, our youth-oriented programming.
• Running Annual Prevention and Awareness campaigns including: Eating Disorder Awareness Week (February 1-7 in Canada) and International No Diet Day (May 6th)
For information on Outreach & Education, please contact Marbella Carlos, Outreach & Education Coordinator.
DIRECT CLIENT SUPPORT
We operate Canada’s only National Toll-Free Helpline providing information on treatment options and/or support to people across Canada either directly or indirectly affected by disordered eating and related concerns.
NEDIC’s national directory of 700+ service providers supports our trained Direct Client Support staff in providing relevant local resources and referrals to Canadians across the country.
Reach out & Call Us Today
With the support of our corporate and community partners NEDIC has developed targeted educational programs for children and youth, and professional development.
• Be You Challenge program with the Girl Guides of Canada
• NEDIC’s Biennial Body Image and Self-Esteem Conference targeted to professionals (health care, educators, etc.)