July 18, 2019, 8:06 p.m.
Thank you for your interest in contributing to the NEDIC blog! Please review the following guidelines prior to submission:
We welcome submissions sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following with your submission:
1. Draft of your blog (300-1000 words), adhering to the content requirements below.
* Please proofread for correct spelling and grammar prior to submission
* Please include a title for your blog
* Your submission should be a Word document or a Google Doc shared with the email@example.com email address. Please do not submit your blog as a PDF.
2. A photo to be published alongside the blog.
* This photo will be used as the header image of the blog post. Please submit a photo that is royalty free and connected to the perspective or meaning of the submission. Photos of this nature can be found through websites such as www.unsplash.com.
* Please be mindful that images of bodies or food can be triggering for some readers.
* If you do not wish to choose a photo, we will choose one for the blog.
3. An author bio (100 words or less) to accompany the blog submission.
* You may include social media handles in your bio.
* If you wish to remain anonymous, an author bio and/or photo are not required.
At NEDIC, we are committed to curating our platforms to share meaningful content with our followers. We invite writers with a variety of perspectives to share their experiences on our blog, with the intention of providing information, hope, support, and a sense of connection and community to our readers. While content does not have to be positive or hopeful, in order to keep our blog page a safe and welcoming space, we ask that writers:
We understand that lived experiences with eating disorders vary greatly. When writing about personal experiences, we recommend that authors speak from first person perspective to avoid making generalizations.
For more tips for sharing about lived experience, this article from the National Eating Disorder Association regarding sharing your story publicly offers some guidelines to consider: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/community/sharing-your-story-responsibly
We encourage authors to also consider the following:
Thank you again for your submission.
We appreciate your generosity in sharing your work with the NEDIC community!
If you're interested in submitting, email us at
Feb. 3, 2016, 8:12 p.m.
June 14, 2015, 7:56 p.m.
April 24, 2015, 5:11 p.m.