July 18, 2019, 8:06 p.m.
Thank you for your interest in contributing to the NEDIC blog!
Please review the following guidelines prior to submission:
1. Draft of your blog (approximately 300-700 words), adhering to the content guidelines below. Please proofread for spelling and grammar prior to submission, and include a blog title.
2. A photo to be published alongside the blog.
3. An author bio (100 words or less) & (if you wish) headshot to accompany the blog submission.
At NEDIC, we are committed to curating our platforms to share meaningful content with our followers. We invite writers with a variety of perspectives to share their experiences on our blog, with the intention of providing information, hope, support, and a sense of connection and community to our readers.
In order to keep our blog page a safe and welcoming space we ask that writers:
We understand that lived experiences with eating disorders vary greatly. When writing about personal experiences, we recommend that authors speak from first person perspective to avoid making generalizations. For more tips about sharing about lived experience, this article from the National Eating Disorder Association regarding sharing your story publicly offers some guidelines to consider:
We encourage authors to also consider the following:
1. Who is the intended audience? Are you looking to reach medical professionals, others with lived experience, parents, etc.?
2. What do you hope readers will gain from your post? Are you providing suggestions for advocacy, hope for people who are experiencing symptoms, or information on a specific topic? Having a clear intention is a great way to begin to prepare for writing your post.
3. Are you comfortable with the content you have shared? Sharing personal stories can be a meaningful way to raise awareness and express ourselves. However, sometimes what someone feels comfortable sharing at one time, may be something they wish they hadn’t at a later date. It is an important act of self-compassion to pause and ensure that you are respecting your own boundaries around what you want to share in your efforts to raise awareness through this platform.
1. NEDIC staff reserve the right to edit submitted content. All edits will be sent for review to the original author prior to posting.
2. A trigger warning may be posted on blog submissions at the discretion of NEDIC staff.
3. Due to the volume of blog submissions, there may be a delay in response. We appreciate your patience!
4. Please note that, while we appreciate and read every blog submission, not every submission will be published.
Thank you again for your submission.
We appreciate your commitment to sharing your work, and we value the trust you place in us!
Feb. 3, 2016, 8:12 p.m.
June 14, 2015, 7:56 p.m.
April 24, 2015, 5:11 p.m.